mercredi 28 septembre 2011

Flying with Air France in a A380


(For those interested in reading this article in french, follow this link)

Before you go somewhere far away, you first have to fly.
The first meal you will experiment in your trip would be during the flight. Most of the time, it won't be good, AT ALL!
Of course, you don't expect it to be good. You just like it because it helps you to spend the time when you are stuck in the same seat for hours.

Lucky me, I am a member of the Flying Blue Program of Air France. Flying a LOT with the company, I finaly made my way to a free flight!
Well free... To be honest, I still had to paid airport taxes but it was worth it! For 300 €, I got a round trip ticket in business!
You read that right! In Business of a A380.

For the record, I met Arnaud 5 years ago in Florida. When I met him, he told me so much about the Flying Blue Program that I registered as soon as I got back home. Arnaud is Air France's fan. I think the company should hired him because he must be the most convincing person when it comes to AF. I even think we couldn't be together if I didn't like the company.

Anyway, thanks to him, we both traveled on business that time.
Not only in business but for the first time in A380.

Ok, back to the meal!
We were flying to Montreal. The flight was 3 hours late, but you know what? We were happy about it because we could enjoy it longer!
I guess we were the only 2 stupids happy about it.


We got champagne and an "amuse bouche" to wait until we take off.
I loved the Amuse Bouche made with peas and salmon.

Foie Gras, truffles, scallop, veal...
Everything in the meny was tempting.
I picked the pasta truffles because I love truffles.
I have to say, that wasn't a smart decision. How could I thought pasta would be good in an aircraft? Even thought I was in business...

But it's ok, it wasn't that bad AND dessert was great! I got 3 small desserts! So delicious.

The good thing about flying in business (I love to say that) is that you don't get all your plates in once. Of course. You get them one by one. And you also have reals cutlery.



Last but not least, we got Michel Cluizel's chocolates during the flight.

If you are not yet a member of AF flying Blue Programme, I adviced you to be as soon as you can because it will take you long before you get to fly in business for free. Of course, it would all depends on how ofter you fly!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire